April 7, 2009

I'm Still Here!

Hey all, sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been crazy busy with school and the Legal Clinic. Good news though, only THIS long until I am all done! Graduation is creeping up and pretty soon I will be road trippin' back to the good ol' SLC.

My friend Emily has always been the non-mainstream music authority among my friends (well, her and Dan, but he is MIA). I have really changed a lot since leaving the bubble for law school, and one of those changes has been in my musical tastes. Before, I would dismiss a lot of the music she liked as "hippie-indie-emo-wannabeJackJohnson/BenHarper" (that should tell you how long it has been since I have listened to it) garbage. However, thanks to Last.fm and Emily's blogging, I have seriously expanded my musical samplings. For instance, I now regularly listen to music by Franz Ferdinand, SebastiAn, Interpol, Hieroglyphics, Jurassic 5, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, Beirut, Kid Cudi, Kanye West, and Justice.

For those of you that know me, you'll probably be shocked to see any or all of those artists. I used to listen to the Dave Brubeck Quartet, 311, Dave Matthews, and Red Hot Chili Peppers pretty much exclusively. They are still in the playlist, but less often than before (Brubeck is especially good for studying).

If you have 5 minutes, go to Last.fm, create an account and play with it. You'll likely find music you love that you never knew existed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AT LONG LAST! I don't know this Emily, but since you dismissed my tunes as hippie, indie, emo nonsense and she got you to not hate it, I like her.

You should chek out gorillavsbear.net and My Old Kentucky Blog for more musical awesomeness.

Ems said...

awww jeff, that brings a tear to my eye...my baby is all grown up! I'm not surprised by your hip hop artist choices but I gotta say that Beirut and Justice kind of throw me...in a fantastic, thrilled kind of way of course.

when you're back in SLC you'll have to come raid my iTunes...

Danielle said...

WOW!!! Now if only we can convert you to listen to more hip-hop and rock!

 
--------------- ---------------