December 6, 2007

Let's Get Political

I support Ron Paul. Those of you who know who he is probably know that he's a Republican candidate. Forget about that for now, I'll get to that in a second. First let me give you a little rundown of what he stands for:

  • He has never voted to raise taxes.

  • He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.

  • He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.

  • He has never voted to raise congressional pay.

  • He has never taken a government-paid junket.

  • He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

  • He voted against the Patriot Act.

  • He voted against regulating the Internet.

  • He voted against the Iraq war.

  • He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.

  • He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Paul is forced to run as a Republican because he wouldn't receive any press if he didn't. He clearly doesn't follow lock-step with the more conservative wing of the GOP. He ran as a Libertarian candidate a few years back and no one really knew, as a Republican he's burning up the news. He is a true small government conservative which means he believes in a non-interventionist foreign policy (i.e., anti-war).

He doesn't sound like the other candidates with canned answers that are designed to not really say anything. He sounds like a guy who has just had enough of the bullshit and wants to see a real change.

It would be worth your time to spare the 7 or so minutes to watch the youtube video and check out his website.




RON PAUL 2008

2 comments:

BCC said...

wow. i have made a conscious decision not to vote. ever. in my life. not because i'm lazy or apolitical, but because it is my statement against the faux-democracy we are a part of. there is a guy in the clip holding a sign that said "Dr. Paul cured my apathy". as propagandized and politically motivated as that clip was, it made me think for moment that i should vote... then i came to my senses

JC said...

oh yeah, it is designed to make you want to fight to the death for this guy. I admit that I got a little caught up in its drama, but I liked Dr. Paul before I saw the video, so it was more of a RE-awakening.

While anyone's ONE vote is entirely meaningless, I feel a sense of duty to support a non-douchebag.

 
--------------- ---------------