April 17, 2008

Of Nerdery and Weather

First things first...

My birthday is next Wednesday and I've been checking the weather to see if I'll get some sun. Last week weather.com said 60s and sunny. YAY! Then about 4 days ago it said scattered showers (BOO!) but later that day it said cloudy (better) then back to rain (yargh). Today it says 60s and sunny again. This is torture! Can it please just be warm enough to drive with the windows down and sunny enough to wear my sunglasses?

Next...

I bought a TV tuner card for my computer over the summer. It was fun to play with for a bit, but the software was really really bad. I didn't hardly use it. THEN, after some suggestions from the Roomie, I looked for some new software and found Sage TV. THIS. IS. AWESOME. Not only is it easy to use and find shows (the interface is like Comcast digital cable) but it also works like a DVR so I can record shows right to my computer (if anyone wants to see tonight's episode of The Office, let me know.) It is the perfect companion to a habitual interwebs surfer. I have a fairly large monitor (21" widescreen) so I can have the TV up and a resized, but still pretty big, browser window open. Tasty...

No comments:

 
--------------- ---------------