February 21, 2007

Blogging for the sake of blogging

I've been told that I don't blog enough, so here goes...

I can't even begin to start talking about how much I hate legal writing right now. My trial court brief was too short, mostly because my brain won't let me put the annoying minutiae everywhere it is supposed to go. My prof, though, likes to have it there to spell everything out. So it hurt my grade on the trial brief and now I have to go back and put it in on my appellate brief, which is killing me on time. Yes, I realize that it is my own fault for not being anal and for having a problem with legal writing as a whole. I am just not a good legal writer....at least not yet. I think there is some grand unifying theory about legal writing that I can't wrap my brain around. CRIPES.

What's crappiest about legal writing right now is that I also have legal research to do, property reading, and election stuff. Not to mention the reading for Friday and the Judge's dinner tomorrow. Fan-freaking-tastic. If I had to put a number on how excited I am for Spring Break, it would come frighteningly close to infinity. Here's why:

1) Legal writing will, for all intents and purposes, be over.
2) Elections will be over (win or, more likely, lose)
3) There is a group of islands about 2400 miles south-west of California that I will be visiting. The climate is tropical and the sun shines every day. I will be taking FULL advantage of the beaches and the warm, soothing weather to re-charge my batteries.


#3 is approximately 98.74% of why I am excited for Spring Break. And I will BE there exactly 2 weeks from right this second...


"Did that blow your mind, because that just happened"

No comments:

 
--------------- ---------------