September 8, 2007

Follow Up

Now that I've had a good night's sleep and talked with the roomie, let me follow up to yesterday's post:

Roomie feels almost exactly the same way about parties like that and about the forced and contrived conversations. He gets through it, though, by getting drunk and using the social lubricant to feel comfortable. I can't do this when there's only beer around; I find beer to be mostly repulsive, except in small amounts and only right out of the bottle.

It feels better that Roomie feels the same way about those people, that they aren't really relied upon in social situations as friends, but acquaintances who we see often. And I don't want anyone to get the impression that I think less of these people, I'm sure a lot of them were raised (so to speak) on that kind of partying, so I don't hold that against them.

All in all, it appears to have been a one-night "cool kids" rejection thing that I am 97% over at this point.

No comments:

 
--------------- ---------------